Controlmini replacement kit: Gira Control 9 Client 1 and 2
The KNX touch panel Controlmini is the perfect alternative to the Gira Control 9. The modern control panel can effortlessly display the complete scope of the Gira HomeServer on its 11.6-inch Full HD display. As usual, the KNX building can be controlled via the Gira QuadClient or Ajax. The functions of the QuadClient can be additionally expanded with the PEAKnx plug-ins. Compared to the Gira Control 9, the Controlmini also offers almost 30 % more display, which enables a view of 4 quadrants of the Quad Client. Alternatively, users can also utilize the included YOUVI visualization. Thanks to the adapter contained in the replacement set, the Controlmini is quickly installed in the flush-mounted box of the Gira Control 9 - without the need for any further chiselling work.
Please note: The Gira Control 9 does not have a 24 V power supply. To use the Controlmini in the Gira Control 9 flush-mounted box, an additional power supply is necessary.
Please note: The delivery time is currently 2 weeks.
Controlmini: The reliable KNX Smart Home solution
The Controlmini is a reliable 11.6-inch multi-touch panel with integrated KNX interface, high-quality design, powerful performance and tested industrial components. As an alternative for the Gira Control 9, the Controlmini can be used with the Gira HomeServer without any problems and covers all common functions of the KNX building control via the desired visualization. Thus the states of the most common devices (e.g. light, blinds, heating or dimmer) can be displayed and controlled without any problems. In addition to the area of home and room control, the Controlmini can also be used as a status and information display or as an intercom for various door stations.
The ideal replacement for the Gira Control 9
The Controlmini is the perfect replacement device for the Gira Control 9. It is a full-fledged computer equipped with Windows 10 LTSC, which enables the use of all Windows- and web-based visualisation systems (e.g. Gira QuadClient, Ajax, X1, or CubeVision from BAB-Tec). It can not only display the common visualisation software on the larger and higher-resolution display without any problems, but can also display a total of 4 quadrants with the QuadClient visualisation. Furthermore, users benefit from the features provided by Windows, such as a quick navigation by wiping gestures or the eye-friendly operation in the darkened night mode. The preinstalled Windows LTSC reduces maintenance and software problems as no Windows updates are allowed except security updates. Browser applications, e.g. for playing music on external speakers, can also be used via the Controlmini. The flat Controlmini becomes a real eye-catcher in the KNX Smart Home, with an individually designed glass cover. Its low installation depth ensures that it is mounted almost flush with the wall without the need for a new flush-mounted box.
YOUVI: The All-in-One package for KNX home control
The YOUVI Basic software package is also included in the scope of delivery. The KNX software includes visualisation, IP router and bus monitor software. Thanks to YOUVI and the integrated KNX interface of the Controlmini, the execution of all basic control tasks of a KNX smart home is possible without the need to access an external server or IP router. With the YOUVI modules, the range of functions can be flexibly extended.
Fast, easy installation
The installation of the PEAKnx Controlmini in the old Gira Control 9 flush-mounted box is done in just a few simple steps:
- Switch off the power supply and remove your Gira Control 9 from the flush-mounted box.
- Remove the Gira adapter frame and mount the Controlmini adapter parts to the flush-mounted box using the respective Gira screws.
- Attach the 24 V wires from the power supply to the screw terminals (GND, 24 V) of the Controlmini. Connect the KNX and network cables to the panel. Attach the Controlmini to the black frame of the adapter using the supplied screws.
- Insert the glass cover into the magnet holders.
- Controlmini glass cover
- YOUVI software package basic
- Assembly and operating instructions
- Network connector
- Network patch cable
- Certified cleaning cloth (5 pieces)
- Leaflet for cardboard boxes
- Adapter for GIRA-Control-9 flush-mounted box
- Four M3x12 countersunk screws for panel installation
Current software, manuals and other documents with information about the Controlmini can be found in our download area.
- Intel Quad core processor
- Fanless convection cooling (airflow)
- 4GB RAM
- eMMC 64 GB memory, extendable with Micro SD
- 11.6 inch Full HD LCD panel with LED backlighting
- Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
- PCAP touch technology
- HD webcam
- Broadband stereo speakers
- Optimised microphone with room characteristics
- WiFi: 2,4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- 2 x USB 2.0 (front port)
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen1
- 100 Mbit Ethernet
- 1 x mini HDMI
- Supply terminals: 24 V DC, GND
- Operating system: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC
- YOUVI software package Basic
- Dimensions Controlmini (W x H x D): 297 mm x 210 mm x 22,5 mm
- Dimensions glass cover (W x H x D): 297 mm x 210 mm x 0.7 mm
Controlmini supply and power consumption
- Supply voltage: 24 V DC 2,4 A
- Operation (idle): 10 W
- Operation (full-load): 15 W
- Server operation without LCD: 5 W
Adapter for GIRA-Control-9 flush-mounted box
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 166 mm x 49 mm x 33 mm
- Weight: 47 g