Controlmicro (8" KNX Touch Panel incl. Visualization)
The smart home control panel Controlmicro including YOUVI visualization is ideal for room control of a KNX building with its high-resolution 8''touchscreen display. The KNX touch panel is designed for permanent and long-lasting operation and can be used as a client or stand-alone KNX server. A direct KNX connection and the included IP router software make it possible. The elegant KNX room controller can be mounted flexibly in portrait or landscape format on a standard switch box. It is available in two design variants and has received the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021.
> Prices for systemintegrators and traders
Please note: The delivery time is currently 2 weeks.
KNX Smart Home Control with YOUVI Visualization
Using the Controlmicro, all smart home functions can be controlled from a central location in the building with the YOUVI Basic software package. For example, you can switch buttons, dim lights, operate blinds or adjust the heating. A time function facilitates makes everyday life in the smart home easier. The visualization included in the software package is not only easy to use, but can also be arranged individually - simply by drag & drop. The web widgets offer a flexible way to integrate websites directly into the visualization. Control via smartphone with the free YOUVI Smart Home App is also possible in your own home network.
Expand smart home functions flexibly
Those who want to integrate cameras for surveillance, use Alexa voice control, or create their own routines and logic or presence simulations, can flexibly expand the functional range of YOUVI Basic with add-ons. If you want to use the home control app on the go outside your home network, simply add the YOUVI Connect Modul.
Home automation with other visualizations
The Controlmicro is a fully-fledged computer equipped with Windows 10 LTSC, which not only enables the use of all Windows and web-based visualizations (e.g. Gira QuadClient* or X1 or CubeVision from BAB-Tec), but is also suitable for browser applications, for example. Depending on the visualization used, SIP door intercoms with video transmission, alarm systems, energy management and other smart home functions can also be shown on the high-resolution display via the KNX room controller. By integrating a music system, the Controlmicro can also take over multi-room music control.
*as of GIRA Homeserver Version 4.11, only the display in landscape format is supported
Use the Controlmicro as client or server
The direct KNX connection and the included software package make the Controlmicro a fully-fledged Smart Home control center and independent server for smaller projects such as single family homes. External IP router hardware or an additional server can then be dispensed with. Alternatively, the KNX control panel can be used as a client with an external server (e.g. Gira X1).
Smart home solution for permanent operation
The use of high-quality industrial components ensures long-lasting operation, even during continuous use. The construction does not have any moving parts and is therefore not only maintenance-free but also silent. Protection against breakdowns is provided by the sophisticated heat management system. This helps to ensure even heat dissipation over the entire panel front - without any streaking on the wall.
Integrated ambient light and senors
Integrated sensors for CO2 and brightness, measure the air quality and ensure a balanced screen brightness. A proximity sensor switches the 8-inch TFT full-color screen on only when required. Another design highlight is the LED backlighting on the frame, which can be used, for example, to pick up on certain lighting moods or to display various statuses in the building control system.
Timeless elegance in the smart home
The processing of high-quality materials, such as aluminum and glass, not only supports heat dissipation, but also gives the Controlmicro a noble appearance. The high-quality aluminum frame, milled from one piece, is available in a matte black finish with a black front glass or silver in combination with a white front glass. This allows the smart home panel to be ideally matched to the room interior. Additionally it can be monted flexible in portrait or landscape format.
The Controlmicro can be easily mounted over a switch box with a standard screw spacing of 60 mm and a minimum depth of 35 mm. This makes the KNX touch panel well suited for retrofitting, as no subsequent chiselling work is required. Depending on preference, the display can be mounted in either portrait or landscape format and secured with anti-theft protection.
Current software, manuals and other documents with information about the Controlmicro can be found in our download area.
- Controlmicro Panel
- Quickstart for Panel and Software
- USB-Stick: YOUVI Basic Software and Controlmicro user manual
- Connector for KNX, power supply and network connection
- Screws to secure the panel against theft incl. tools
- Adapter cable from USB Type C to USB Type A
- Intel Quad-Core processor
- eMMC memory with 64 GB
- 4 GB main memory
- 8 inch TFT LED LCD panel
- Resolution: 1200 x 1920 pixels
- Multi-touch through PCAP touch technology
- Broadband stereo loudspeaker
- Optimized microphone
- WLAN/Bluetooth: 2,4 & 5 GHz/5.0
- Fanless cooling by convection
- Integrated CO2 sensor
- Adaptive brightness
- Proximity sensor
- High-quality aluminium housing
- Anti-theft protection
- LED ambient lighting
- Operating system: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC
- YOUVI Basic software package consisting of visualization, IP router and bus monitor (modules and bridges can be purchased seperately)
- 100 Mbit Ethernet
- MicroSD card slot
- Size of the panel without mounting body: 223 x 125 x 13 mm
- Suitable switch box for mounting: Standard screw spacing: 60 mm, depth: min. 35 mm
- Supply voltage: 24 V DC 2,4 A
Windows LTSC as basis
The Controlmicro is equipped with Windows LTSC. This reduces maintenance and software problems, because no Windows updates are allowed except security updates. Features provided by Windows also enable quick navigation through wiping gestures or eye-friendly operation in the darkened night mode.
Open for common visualizations
In addition to the included software YOUVI Visu, other common visualization programs (e.g. Gira QuadClient, Gira X1 or CubeVision from BAB-Tec) can easily be executed on the Controlmicro. > List of compatible visualizations
KNX software YOUVI Basic included
The software package YOUVI Basic, consisting of visualization, bus monitor and KNX IP router, is included in the purchase of the Controlmicro. For basic control tasks in the house, an external IP router or server can therefore be dispensed with. The visualization is created automatically from the ETS project structure and is available in German, English and French. YOUVI is not only easy to use, but can also be customized – simply by drag & drop. If you want to integrate IP cameras into the visualization, use voice control or create your own routines and logic, you can flexibly extend the functionality of YOUVI Basic with more Add-Ons.
Most important features at a glance
- Creating the visualization from a direct ETS import
- Create scenes via drag & drop
- Up to 5 different dashboard pages with 3 different dashboard layouts
- Web widgets for the integration of web pages into the visualization
- Diagram view of the sensor values, display: daily, weekly, monthly and yearly view
- Widget for energy monitoring
- Device filter by type, device state and location
- Light and dark design
- Visualization editable even by laymen
- Add-ons, for example for the integration of sound systems, door stations and voice control
- Supported languages: English, French, German
You can find the complete range of functions of the app under "All YOUVI features".
- Sockets and switchable devices
- Dimmers, also tunable white
- RGB(W) Lights
- Weather stations
Supported camera streams of the camera module
- Formats: RTSP, MJPEG, JPEG
- For example from Mobotix, Hikvision, Reolink, Axis
- Active Energy (kWh)
- Brightness (lux)
- CO2 (ppm)
- Current (mA)
- Humidity (%)
- Noise (W/m², dB)
- Power (W, kW)
- Pressure (Pa)
- Rain amount sensor (l/m²)
- Wind speed (m/s)
- Wind direction
- Temperature (°C)
- Time (12h and 24h format)
- Further numerical values (ETS data point types 7.x, 8.x, 9.x)
- IP-capable devices (Controlmini, Controlmicro, Controlpro, Laptops together with USB-Connector) function as KNX IP routers, additional hardware becomes superfluous
- Supports up to 15 IP tunneling connections, EIBlib/IP, multicast and extended frames
- Individual transmission of incoming and outgoing group addresses via filter table
- Logs all telegrams that are transmitted on the KNX bus in tabular form
- Offers numerous filter and export options
- Occurring faults are quickly found and solved
> YOUVI Connect Module: Building control on the road via Smart Home App and on site via voice control (online/offline)
> YOUVI Camera Module: Integration of JPEG, MJPEG and RTSP streams from the surveillance cameras into the visualization
> YOUVI Logic Module: Creation of logics, routines and presence simulations in the user-friendly logic editor
> YOUVI Door Station Module: Integration of SIP door stations into the visualization
> YOUVI IKEA Tradfri Bridge: Integration of various IKEA Trafri devices
> YOUVI Netatmo Bridge: Integration of Netatmo thermostats and weather stations into the visualisation
> YOUVI Ntuity Bridge: Integration of the Internet of Energy platform Ntuity
> YOUVI Sonos Bridge: Integration of a Sonos Multiroom system into the visualization
>YOUVI trivum Bridge: Integration of a trivum Multiroom system into the visualization
Please note: The free trial version gives you the opportunity to experience the look and feel of the YOUVI software. However, YOUVI can only be run in conjunction with PEAKnx hardware! For this reason you can upload a KNX project and test the software, but you cannot actually control your building. After download and installation, the YOUVI Basic software package is available for 90 days for testing.
Any Windows- or webbased, e. g.:
- Gira QuadClient (as of GIRA Homeserver Version 4.11, only the display in landscape format is supported)
- Gira X1
- Edomi, openHAB and many more ...
IP-Streams in RTSP, JPG and MJPG format, e. g. from:
- Mobotix and many more ...
All SIP-enabled DSC, for example:
- Gira DCS incl. DCS-Gateway (in connection with Gira software)*
- Doorbird IP Video Door station
- AGFEO IP-Video TFE
- Wantec Monolith C IP
- Mobotix T25
- Siedle InHome/Access and many more ...
Windows- or webbased software:
- Apple iTunes, Spotify, Sonos and many more...
*Use with YOUVI only works for the audio stream. The camera stream is not provided by the Gira door station for use outside the company's own software. However, it is possible to integrate a different camera stream.