YOUVI Basic incl. USB-Connector and KNX-WAGO Adapter
The mobile KNX USB interface including YOUVI Basic makes it possible to use a Windows 10 device for the control and visualisation of a Smart Home. The Windows device is connected to the KNX bus via the USB port using the USB-Connector. In addition to an attractive visualisation, the YOUVI Basic software package also includes a bus monitor and IP router software. In this way, reliable KNX building control can be implemented cost-effectively and flexibly with existing components such as a Windows 10 device. For a small surcharge, the YOUVI Connect module also allows control by voice command or Smart Home app while on the move. The additional modules only have to be purchased once per building installation and work on several PEAKnx panels at the same time.
More than a KNX USB interface thanks to helpful software
Connecting a computer to the KNX network is uncomplicated and takes just a few steps with the USB data interface. Users thus get a quick overview of the bus communication. The USB-Connector can be used starting with the ETS 5 and is compatible with the PC operating systems Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Using the USB connector, all KNX actuators can be parameterised via the ETS.
An easy way to get to know the KNX visualisation YOUVI
YOUVI Basic combines three functions in one software package: visualisation, IP router and bus monitor. In combination with the USB-Connector and a Windows 10 device with USB connection, YOUVI thus enables the reliable and intelligent control of a KNX Smart Home.
Detect errors on the KNX bus in seconds
The included bus monitor significantly speeds up analysis and troubleshooting on the KNX bus. All KNX telegrams are displayed in the user-friendly interface, logged in tabular form and can be filtered according to various properties (such as source address, time and destination address). Filters can be composed of several filter properties and can also be applied or changed during the recording of the bus communication.
YOUVI Basic is provided on a software installation flash drive and shipped together with the USB-Connector and a KNX-WAGO 243-211 adapter. The license key to activate the YOUVI Basic full version will be sent to you by e-mail after completion of the order process.
After entering the license key in the software, YOUVI Basic is available to you for an unlimited time and with full functionality.
Our installation wizard in the installer guides you step by step through the YOUVI Basic installation. Additional help is provided by our quick start, which mainly shows important steps after installation.
- KNX-WAGO 243-211-Adapter
- Software installation stick with YOUVI software package Basic
Current software, manuals and other documents with information about the USB-Connector can be found in our download area.
Hard- and Software Requirements
YOUVI can only be executed in conjunction with PEAKnx hardware (Controlpro, Controlmini, Controlmicro, Performance Server or USB-Connector).
Minimum requirements – YOUVI Basic
- ETS-Version: ETS 5 - 6
- Operating System: Windows 10, Version 1709 (32/64-Bit) or higher
- CPU: 1.44 GHz Quad-Core
- RAM: 4 GB (64 Bit)
- Disc Space: 2 GB
- Graphics: DirectX 12
- .NET Version: ID 4.7.0. (in Windows 10)
- Ethernet: LAN or WLAN
Minimum requirements – YOUVI Mobile App
- Android: Android 6.0 (SDK 23); Recommended: Android 9.0 (SDK 28)
- iOS: iPhone/iPad: iOS 8.0
Power Supply and Consumption
- USB side: +5 V DC
- KNX side: +24 V DC
- Maximum USB power consumption: 100 mA
- USB: 1 x USB plug type A
- Bus: 1 x D-Sub (m), 9-pin
- Interface size, L x W x H: 86 x 42.5 x 20.5 mm
- Interface weight: 88 g
- Cable length: 65 cm
- Temperature range: - 40 °C to 85 °C
- Transport and storage temperature: - 40 °C to 100 °C
- Relative humidity 15 % to 90 %, non-condensing
- Protection class: IP20 (according to EN 60529, DIN VDE 0470)
- EMC: Directive: 2014/30/EU, EN 61000-4-3:2011-04, EN 55011:2017-03
YOUVI Basic for reliable home control included
YOUVI Basic combines three functions in one software package: visualization, IP router and bus monitor. In combination with the USB connector and a Windows 10 device with USB port, YOUVI enables reliable and intelligent control of a KNX Smart Home. The KNX visualization is created by an ETS import directly from the ETS project structure. YOUVI Visu is easy to use and meets high design standards. The IP router software turns the Windows 10 device connected to the KNX bus into an independent KNX server and KNX devices such as blinds, light or heating can be controlled intuitively with YOUVI Visu. In this way, KNX devices such as blinds, lighting or heating can be easily controlled with YOUVI, either via the connected Windows 10 device or via the smartphone or tablet with the associated Android or iOS Smart Home app. If you want to integrate IP cameras into the visualization, use voice control or create your own routines and logic, you can flexibly extend the functionality of YOUVI Basic with more Add-Ons.
Most important features at a glance
- Creating the visualization from a direct ETS import
- Create scenes via drag & drop
- Up to 5 different dashboard pages with 3 different dashboard layouts
- Web widgets for the integration of web pages into the visualization
- Diagram view of the sensor values, display: daily, weekly, monthly and yearly view
- Widget for energy monitoring
- Device filter by type, device state and location
- Light and dark design
- Visualization editable even by laymen
- Add-ons, for example for the integration of sound systems, door stations and voice control
- Supported languages: English, French, German
You can find the complete range of functions of the app under "All YOUVI features".
- Sockets and switchable devices
- Dimmers, also tunable white
- RGB(W) Lights
- Weather stations
Supported camera streams of the camera module
- Formats: RTSP, MJPEG, JPEG
- For example from Mobotix, Hikvision, Reolink, Axis
- Active Energy (kWh)
- Brightness (lux)
- CO2 (ppm)
- Current (mA)
- Humidity (%)
- Noise (W/m², dB)
- Power (W, kW)
- Pressure (Pa)
- Rain amount sensor (l/m²)
- Wind speed (m/s)
- Wind direction
- Temperature (°C)
- Time (12h and 24h format)
- Further numerical values (ETS data point types 7.x, 8.x, 9.x)
- IP-capable devices (Controlmini, Controlmicro, Controlpro, Laptops together with USB-Connector) function as KNX IP routers, additional hardware becomes superfluous
- Supports up to 15 IP tunneling connections, EIBlib/IP, multicast and extended frames
- Individual transmission of incoming and outgoing group addresses via filter table
- Logs all telegrams that are transmitted on the KNX bus in tabular form
- Offers numerous filter and export options
- Occurring faults are quickly found and solved
> YOUVI Connect Module: Building control on the road via Smart Home App and on site via voice control (online/offline)
> YOUVI Camera Module: Integration of JPEG, MJPEG and RTSP streams from the surveillance cameras into the visualization
> YOUVI Logic Module: Creation of logics, routines and presence simulations in the user-friendly logic editor
> YOUVI Door Station Module: Integration of SIP door stations into the visualization
> YOUVI IKEA Tradfri Bridge: Integration of various IKEA Trafri devices
> YOUVI Netatmo Bridge: Integration of Netatmo thermostats and weather stations into the visualisation
> YOUVI Ntuity Bridge: Integration of the Internet of Energy platform Ntuity
> YOUVI Sonos Bridge: Integration of a Sonos Multiroom system into the visualization
> YOUVI trivum Bridge: Integration of a trivum Multiroom system into the visualization
Please note: The free trial version gives you the opportunity to experience the look and feel of the YOUVI software. However, YOUVI can only be run in conjunction with PEAKnx hardware! For this reason you can upload a KNX project and test the software, but you cannot actually control your building. After download and installation, the YOUVI Basic software package is available for 90 days for testing.
- YOUVI Connect Module€79.00
- YOUVI Camera Module€79.00
- YOUVI Logic Module€139.00