YOUVI Basic software package (visualization, IP router, bus monitor)
YOUVI Basic enables the reliable control of all basic tasks of your KNX Smart Home. The software package consists of a visually appealing visualization including a Smart Home App (iOS/Android), a bus monitor and IP router software. YOUVI thus offers a Smart Home solution that works without an external KNX server or IP router. Further functions, such as the integration of surveillance cameras, voice control or logic, can be added as required by the respective add-on modules.
Please note! YOUVI can only be run with PEAKnx hardware. This item is intended for USB connector owners who have not previously purchased YOUVI. Please enter the serial number of your USB connector during the ordering process. As an owner of a PEAKnx touch panel or server, YOUVI is available to you free of charge.
YOUVI: KNX visualization for an intelligent home.
YOUVI Basic guarantees intuitive usability with maximum functionality: users receive three functions (visualization, IP router and bus monitor) in one software package. In combination with PEAKnx hardware, YOUVI becomes a complete smart home solution for KNX home control. With YOUVI Basic you can control sockets, dimmers and RGB lights, but also blinds or adjust the heating appropriately. All functions at a glance are listed at the end of the description.
Flexible expansion of smart home functions
Those who want to integrate cameras for monitoring, use Alexa voice control or create their own routines and logics as well as presence simulations, can flexibly expand the range of functions of YOUVI Basic with additional modules. Control via smartphone is also possible in your own home network with the free YOUVI Smart Home app. The use of the home control app while on the go is possible with the YOUVI Connect module.
Visualization automatically created from ETS import
The smart home visualization is created with YOUVI by an ETS import directly from the ETS project structure. System integrators can thus save a lot of time when implementing the automation project. YOUVI also creates group widgets directly from the room assignment of the ETS project.
Intuitive home control thanks to clear user interface
The user interface can be edited by the smart home owner as desired via drag & drop. With YOUVI Visu, the states of the integrated devices are clearly displayed according to floor and room. Lights, sockets and switchable devices, shutters and blinds, dimmers and RGB lights as well as the heating system can be displayed and controlled. The Smart Home visualization also offers an eye-saving Dark Mode and is available in German, English and French.
Automatic display of sensor values
Sensor values for weather data, such as humidity, brightness, wind direction and speed, but also sensors for CO2, noise, binary values, percentages, temperature, time and pressure can be displayed in the visualization. Each sensor widget also has a graph display that shows the sensor value over the course of the day, week, month or year. Those who don't have sensors at home can also use the integrated weather station with a 3-day forecast and current humidity, wind direction and speed.
Customize Smart Home Dashboard
Users can also customize their dashboard. Three different layouts and up to five dashboards are available for swiping through. In addition, there are functions for creating your own groups, timers and room buttons. Room buttons are added to the dashboard to either control the group functions (shutters/blinds, lights, sockets) of the room from the dashboard or to switch directly to the respective room. A trigger button is available for special switching commands, which can also address KNX scenes, among other things. In addition, own scenes can be created from devices of the visualization in the scene editor. Web widgets also offer a flexible way to integrate websites directly into the visualization.
No external KNX IP router required
The included IP router software establishes a connection between the KNX building control and the IP network - IP-capable devices (such as the Controlmini or Controlpro) can thus be used as KNX IP routers without the need for additional hardware. The IP router is not only compatible to most common KNX programs (e.g. ETS 5) and supports IP tunneling, EIBlib/IP and multicast, but also allows the individual transmission of incoming and outgoing group addresses. The processing of extended frames is no problem.
Detect errors in the KNX network quickly
A bus monitor software is also included in the YOUVI Basic software package. This provides an overview of the KNX network without the need for an ETS license. All telegrams transmitted on the KNX bus are logged in tabular form. With the help of numerous filter options, occurring faults are thus quickly found and solved.
- Creating the visualization from a direct ETS import
- Create scenes via drag & drop
- 3 different dashboard layouts
- Up to 5 different dashboard pages
- Web widgets for the integration of web pages into the visualization
- Room buttons to control all lights, blinds or sockets of a room from the dashboard
- Create device groups of one type, e.g. a group of lights, a group of blinds/shutters, etc.
- Trigger button (push button) for sending switching commands and simultaneous display of the status (free input)
- Diagram view of the sensor values, display: daily, weekly, monthly and yearly view
- Weather station, with wind speed, wind direction, temperature and humidity display, as well as 3-day forecast, can be used with or without own sensors
- Camera widgets, for IP camera integration (with YOUVI Camera Module)
- Move the device tiles via drag & drop
- Expand or collapse tiles
- Adding placeholders
- YOUVI Dark Mode (dark design)
- Add/delete floors, rooms, buildings
- Change room names and symbols
- Add new devices
- Make changes to existing devices: Change device icon, name, type, room assignment, group addresses
- Move devices to other rooms via drag & drop
- Filter the devices:
- Type (light, heating, shutters, ...)
- Status (active/inactive, comfort/saving mode/...)
- Location (floor, room, created KNX area)
- Filtered master tile for overview and control of device groups
- Selection of sensors for outdoor and indoor temperature display in the title bar
- Cleaning mode
- Lock Edit-Mode
- Sockets and switchable devices
- RGB Lights
- Weather stations
Supported camera streams of the camera module
- Formats: RTSP, MJPEG, JPEG
- For example from Mobotix, Hikvision, Reolink, Axis
- CO2 (ppm)
- Pressure (Pa)
- Humidity (%)
- Brightness (lux)
- Noise (W/m²)
- Temperature (°C)
- Wind speed (m/s)
- Wind direction
- Time (12h and 24h format)
- IP-capable devices (Controlmini, Controlpro, Laptops) function as KNX IP routers, additional hardware becomes superfluous
- Supports up to 15 IP tunneling connections, EIBlib/IP, multicast and extended frames
- Individual transmission of incoming and outgoing group addresses via filter table
- Logs all telegrams that are transmitted on the KNX bus in tabular form
- Offers numerous filter and export options
- Occurring faults are quickly found and solved
- For iOS or Android
- Access via WiFi (home network) included in YOUVI Basic
- Cloud connection for on-the-go access included in YOUVI Connect module
- View for rooms, connection and dashboard
- Control of all supported devices
- Display of all supported sensors
- Control device groups of one type
- Starting Scenes
- Trigger button (push button) for sending switching commands and simultaneous display of the status
- User mode button with status display
- YOUVI Dark Mode (dark design)
> YOUVI Connect Module: Building control on the road via Smart Home App and on site via voice control with Alexa
> YOUVI Camera Module: Integration of JPEG, MJPEG and RTSP streams from the surveillance cameras into the visualization
> YOUVI Logic Module: Creation of logics, routines and presence simulations in the user-friendly logic editor
> YOUVI Netatmo Bridge: Integration of Netatmo thermostats and weather stations into the visualisation
Hard- and Software Requirements
- ETS-Version: ETS 5 - ETS 5.7
- Operating System: Windows 10, Version 1709 (32/64-Bit) or higher
- CPU: 1.44 GHz Quad-Core
- RAM: 4 GB (64 Bit)
- Disc Space: 2 GB
- Graphics: DirectX 12
- .NET Version: ID 4.7.0. (in Windows 10)
- Ethernet: LAN or WLAN
- To use touch navigation, a touch-sensitive monitor or tablet that supports multi-touch is needed
Installation of the trial version
Get to know the full functionality of the YOUVI software package Basic with our trial version!
Please note: The free trial version gives you the opportunity to get to know the look and feel of the YOUVI software. However, YOUVI can only be run in combination with PEAKnx hardware! For this reason, you can upload a KNX project and test the software, but you cannot actually control your building. After download and installation, the YOUVI Basic software package is available for you to try out for 90 days.
To activate the full version, please proceed as follows:
- When ordering the YOUVI software package, provide the serial number of your USB-Connector.
- After completing the order process and payment of the bill, you can take the license key from your customer account.
- Log in to our shop and call up the corresponding order in your order overview - the license key will be displayed there.
- Enter the license key into the software to use the YOUVI software package Basic for an unlimited period of time.